June of 2014 marked the conclusion of the third full year of the enhanced non-infrastructure program housed at the New Jersey Safe Routes to School Resource Center (NJSRTS RC) at the Alan M. Voorhees Transportation Center at Rutgers University. Throughout those three years, the program has continued to develop and expand. Working with the NJSRTS RC, the SRTS Regional Coordinators at the Transportation Management Associations (TMAs) throughout New Jersey have significantly increased outreach levels across the state and continue to make strides in project implementation as reflected in this update report.
This project update report as of June 2014 includes:
- A summary of assistance provided by NJSRTS RC to support regional TMAs,
- An overview of May Walk and Bike to School Month activities,
- New Jersey SRTS Success Stories,
- NJ SRTS Regional Coordinator Survey results,
- An update on research and programs performed relevant to NJSRTS,
- A synopsis of initial performance measures tracked by the NJSRTS RC, and
- Outreach Progress Reports – compiles data from the TMA’s Record of Contact forms which show their outreach and programming efforts in schools, municipalities, school districts, and counties and reflect their progress over time.
To read the full report, click the NJ SRTS Update Report June 2014 (PDF)