New Jersey Safe Routes to School (SRTS) is a community-based program that requires local partnerships to succeed. Become a Friend of the New Jersey Safe Routes to School Program, and show that you support and promote safe walking and bicycling environments for children. Friends will be listed on the New Jersey Safe Routes to School website.
SRTS Friends can be:
Organizations outside New Jersey
Every friend of the program has various resources to offer and can contribute in different ways. These are just some of the ways SRTS friends can make a difference:
Promote • Donate • Volunteer • Organize • Host • Sponsor • Teach • Guest Appearances
- For example:
- Community groups can lead events, such as Walk to School Day, or a walking school bus.
- Public health agencies can provide education materials and resources that demonstrate the health benefits of walking and bicycling.
- Bicycle shops and sports clubs can sponsor events and promote Safe Routes to Schools in stores.
- High schools can adopt Safe Routes strategies and be positive role models for younger students.
- Universities and colleges can develop bicycle education certification programs.
See a listing of our SRTS Friends. Thank you for your support and contributions to the New Jersey Safe Routes to School program!