COVID-19: Physical Activity for Kids and Adults of All Abilities
Our friends at the Safe Routes Partnership compiled a list of excellent resources to continue physical education and activity at home.
- Facebook Live workouts, prerecorded videos, and activity packs for kids at home (BOKS)
- Monday-Friday recess live on Facebook (Playworks)
- Mind and Body Calendars and other resources (Shape America)
- Resources to support the physical, social, and emotional health of children and caregivers (Alliance for a Healthier Generation)
- Fitness Breaks with Pro Athletes (Alliance for a Healthier Generation)
- Special Olympics challenges
We would like to give a special “thank you” to Emily and Erin, two students from New Jersey who contacted us to share additional resources. Have a great summer Emily and Erin and keep up the good work staying active!
New Jersey is home to an abundance of wildlife. iNaturalist provides a platform for you to record and share your observations of plants and animals that you see during your walking and bicycling excursions. iNaturalist can be accessed online or downloaded as an app for your phone.