Additional Educational Resources
School Assemblies on Bicycle Safety
School assemblies can incorporate the importance of safety when walking and biking to school. Resources for assemblies can be found in the Resource Manual for Teaching Children to Walk and Bike Safely.
Pedestrian/Bike Education Extras
Here are some supporting pieces of information to enhance pedestrian and bicycle safety in schools:
- Bicycle and Pedestrian Safety Tips/Bookmarks
- Walk and Bike Tip Sheet (English)
- Walk and Bike Tip Sheet (Spanish)
- Brains Recipe
- New Jersey Bicycle Laws
- New Jersey Bicycling Manual
- Traffic Signs Game
- Wayside Elementary School (Ocean Township NJ) Case Study: In-School Bicycle Education – Read about how Wayside Elementary School from Ocean Township School District, New Jersey incorporated bicycle safety into their curriculum.