Staying physically active is important for keeping both students and parents healthy and happy. Even if you aren’t able to get outside, there are still a lot of great ways to continue physical education and activity at home. Check out some great resources below:
- Facebook Live workouts, prerecorded videos, and activity packs for kids at home (BOKS)
- Monday-Friday recess live on Facebook (Playworks)
- Mind and Body Calendars and other resources (Shape America)
- Resources to support the physical, social, and emotional health of children and caregivers (Alliance for a Healthier Generation)
- Fitness Breaks with Pro Athletes (Alliance for a Healthier Generation)
- Special Olympics challenges
For a great way to keep active and help others at the same time, check out You Ride.We Give from Greater Mercer TMA, Keep Middlesex Moving, and Ridewise. If you pledge to ride your bike at least once during the month of May, these TMAs will support your pledge by donating food to a local food bank.