Are you ready to walk? Be sure you understand the rules of the road and how to stay safe while walking. Check out some of the resource below that can help.
- Cross This Way is a great video from NYC DOT about being safe while walking.
- “Safety Snippetts” are short informative safety videos about walking and biking. Two of these videos are focused on understanding how crosswalks and signals work.
- Our friend’s at goHunterdon have put together some great activities and resources on bicycling and walking safety on their Distance Learning Resources Page.
Parents and teachers:
- Help to do your part by watching this “Safety Snippet” about avoiding distracted driving and setting a good example.
- Help to make sure your kids are street smart. Check out this article about tips and strategies for teaching children personal safety.